Oral Roberts beat Centenary 84-71
SHREVEPORT, La. (AP)—Marcus Lewis scored 21 points and Robert Jarvis added 20 to lead Oral Roberts to an 84-71 win over Centenary on Saturday.
Centenary (7-15, 5-5 Summit League) led 42-40 with 18 minutes left on a Chase Adams 3-pointer. But the Golden Eagles (11-11, 9-1) went on a 10-0 run to take a 50-42 lead with 15 minutes to go.
After the Gentlemen brought the deficit to 57-50 with 11:40 to play, Lewis scored a layup and Jarvis hit a 3-pointer to give Oral Roberts a 62-50 lead with 11:01 left. However, the Gentlemen would not pull no closer than seven points.
Gary Redus scored 23 points to lead Centenary. lance Hill added 17 and Adams chipped in 15 for the Gentlemen.
Centenary shot 42.9 percent from the field (24 of 56), while Oral Roberts was 53.7 percent (29 of 54). The Golden Eagles scored 40 points in the paint and outrebounded the Gentlemen 41-30.
- Oral Roberts beat Centenary 84-71
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark