Buffalo beats Toledo 56-43
AMHERST, N.Y. (AP)—Greg Gamble scored 12 points, leading Buffalo to a 56-43 win over Toledo in Mid-American Conference basketball on Saturday.
Vadim Fedotov added 11 points for Buffalo.
Tyrone Kent led Toledo with 14 points. Justin Anyijong had a double-double, scoring 12 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
Sean Smiley and Gamble hit back-to-back 3-pointers to snap a 17-17 tie early in the first half, giving the Bulls a 23-17 lead. Buffalo (14-5, 6-1) never trailed again, taking a 29-24 lead at halftime.
The Bulls opened the second half with a 16-4 run, taking advantage of seven Toledo (4-16, 2-4) turnovers, to take a 45-28 lead on Calvin Betts? 3-point field goal at 12:47.
- Buffalo beats Toledo 56-43
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs