Army beats Bucknell 76-65
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP)—Cleveland Richard scored 28 points, including 20 in the second half, leading Army to a 76-65 win over Bucknell in Patriot League basketball on Saturday.
Josh Miller added 13 points and grabbed six rebound for the Black Knights (7-13, 3-3), who shot 49 percent from the floor and hit 24 of 30 free throws.
Darryl Shazier led three Bucknell (5-16, 2-5) players who scored in double digits with 21 points, including five 3-pointers. Justin Castleberry added 15 points, while Patrick Behan chipped in 12 points and grabbed a game-high nine rebounds.
Bucknell held an early 5-4 lead but Army’s Julian Simmons hit a 3-pointer to give Army its first lead at 7-5. The teams traded the lead a few times before Army went on a 10-2 run, giving the Black Knights a 31-21 lead near the end of the first half and putting them ahead for good.
- Army beats Bucknell 76-65
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark