Akron earns 64-43 win over Central Michigan
AKRON, Ohio (AP)—Darryl Roberts scored 13 points to lead four players in double-digits as Akron beat Central Michigan 64-43 on Saturday afternoon.
Akron (13-8, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) started with a 7-0 run and maintained its lead throughout as the Zips shot 51 percent from the field to earn a fourth straight win.
Brett McKnight put up 12 points, leading a bench that outscored their opponents 24-2. His brother Chris McKnight added 10 points, scoring in double figures for the seventh straight game. Anthony Hitchens also had 10 points.
Central Michigan (6-13, 3-4) was down 28-14 at the half and couldn’t get within 16 points in the second period. Jacolby Hardiman and Jordan Bitzer led the Chippewas with 12 points each, followed by Jeremy Allen with 8 points.
Akron also capitalized on turnover opportunities, scoring 26 points to the Chippewas’ 13.
- Akron earns 64-43 win over Central Michigan
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown