Akron earns 64-43 win over Central Michigan
AKRON, Ohio (AP)—Darryl Roberts scored 13 points to lead four players in double-digits as Akron beat Central Michigan 64-43 on Saturday afternoon.
Akron (13-8, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) started with a 7-0 run and maintained its lead throughout as the Zips shot 51 percent from the field to earn a fourth straight win.
Brett McKnight put up 12 points, leading a bench that outscored their opponents 24-2. His brother Chris McKnight added 10 points, scoring in double figures for the seventh straight game. Anthony Hitchens also had 10 points.
Central Michigan (6-13, 3-4) was down 28-14 at the half and couldn’t get within 16 points in the second period. Jacolby Hardiman and Jordan Bitzer led the Chippewas with 12 points each, followed by Jeremy Allen with 8 points.
Akron also capitalized on turnover opportunities, scoring 26 points to the Chippewas’ 13.
- Why are Duke’s Devils blue and other mascot-related questions
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst