Akron earns 64-43 win over Central Michigan
AKRON, Ohio (AP)—Darryl Roberts scored 13 points to lead four players in double-digits as Akron beat Central Michigan 64-43 on Saturday afternoon.
Akron (13-8, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) started with a 7-0 run and maintained its lead throughout as the Zips shot 51 percent from the field to earn a fourth straight win.
Brett McKnight put up 12 points, leading a bench that outscored their opponents 24-2. His brother Chris McKnight added 10 points, scoring in double figures for the seventh straight game. Anthony Hitchens also had 10 points.
Central Michigan (6-13, 3-4) was down 28-14 at the half and couldn’t get within 16 points in the second period. Jacolby Hardiman and Jordan Bitzer led the Chippewas with 12 points each, followed by Jeremy Allen with 8 points.
Akron also capitalized on turnover opportunities, scoring 26 points to the Chippewas’ 13.
- Detroit guard’s bounce basket is a shot of the year candidate
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot