Princeton 59, Dartmouth 54
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Pawel Buczak scored 14 points and Dan Mavraides 13 to lead Princeton as the Tigers beat Dartmouth 59-54 Friday night.
Douglas Davis and Patrick Saunders added 11 points each for Princeton (6-8, 1-0 Ivy League). Alex Barnett scored 24 points for Dartmouth (3-14, 1-2), and also had nine rebounds.
After Jaban Trotter drilled a pair of jumpers early in the second half to put Dartmouth ahead 31-29, Princeton rattled off nine straight points, highlighted by Mavraides’ 3-pointer, and the Tigers led the rest of the way.
Dartmouth got within two points, and it was 51-48 with 4:04 to play. But three Dartmouth turnovers and a missed free throw allowed Princeton to score eight straight points. Dartmouth scored the last six points in the final 30 seconds.
The Big Green held a 19-12 lead at one point, but Princeton erased it with a 9-1 run, and led 27-25 at halftime.
- In even more improbable fashion than last year, Butler reaches Final Four
- Hield's 3-pointer lifts No. 3 Oklahoma past No. 24 Texas
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72