S. Dakota St. edges IPFW 76-70
BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP)—Garret Callahan scored 22 points and Anthony Cordova had a double-double Thursday as South Dakota State beat IPFW 76-70 Thursday in the Summit League.
Cordova had 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Jackrabbits (9-13, 4-6), who snapped a three-game losing streak by making 22 of 26 free throws. IPFW (8-13, 3-7) was just 6-for-10 from the line.
SDSU shot 48 percent from the field and 42 percent from 3-point range. The Mastodons shot 46 percent from the floor and made 44 percent of their 3-pointers.
Clint Sargent had 13 points and Kai Williams 11 for SDSU.
Nick Daniels led the way for IPFW with 16 points. David Carson and Ben Botts added 13.
The Mastodons trailed 34-31 at the half and dropped to 0-11 when trailing at the break.
IPFW routed SDSU 100-66 the first time the teams met this season.
- S. Dakota St. edges IPFW 76-70
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2