Cent. Connecticut St. 72, Wagner 64
NEW YORK (AP)—Ken Horton had 23 points and nine rebounds to lead Central Connecticut State to a 72-64 victory over Wagner on Thursday night, handing the Seahawks their fourth straight loss.
Shemik Thompson and Joe Seymore each had 14 points for the Blue Devils (10-10, 6-4 Northeast Conference), who led 38-25 at halftime.
Jamal Smith led the Seahawks (10-10, 3-7) with 13 points, while Chris Martin and Llew Radford each had 12.
Central Connecticut used an 11-0 run to take a 22-12 lead on two free throws by Aaron Hall with 9:05 to play.
Wagner’s Joey Mundweiler hit three 3-pointers to bring his career total to 270, tying the school record set by Dedrick Dye from 1999-2003.
- TV cameras catch Renardo Sidney brawling with a teammate
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons