Fla. International beats New Orleans 64-54
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Nikola Gacesa scored 16 points to lead Florida International in a 64-54 win over New Orleans on Thursday night.
Josue Soto added 12 points, while Russell Hicks scored 10 points and grabbed 11 boards for the Golden Panthers (9-14, 4-6 Sun Belt Conference). Gacesa hit 2 of 2 3-pointers and was also perfect from the foul line, going 6-for-6.
T.J. Worley led the Privateers (9-12, 4-6) with 15 points and Kyndall Dykes chipped in with 14. Dykes has scored in double figures in every one of FIU’s conference games this season.
FIU led New Orleans by six points at the break, and outscored the Privateers 37-33 in the second half to seal the victory.
The Golden Panthers clinched the game from the charity stripe, going 15-for-20. The Privateers hit just 4 of 9 free throws.
- Fla. International beats New Orleans 64-54
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?