Middle Tennessee tops La.-Lafayette 83-76
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—Kevin Kanaskie scored 18 points and Middle Tennessee State held off Louisiana-Lafayette 83-76 on Thursday night.
Leading 66-52 with 6:19 left, the Blue Raiders (13-8, 7-3 Sun Belt Conference) made 17 of 24 free throws—but no field goals—the rest of the game, but the Ragin’ Cajuns could get no closer than six.
Louisiana-Lafayette (7-13, 4-5) is 1-8 on the road this season.
Middle Tennessee State was 27 of 36 from the foul line for the game.
The Blue Raiders scored no points in the final 3:52 of the first half, but still led 33-30 at halftime.
Kanaskie was 3 of 5 from the field and 10 of 10 from the stripe for the Blue Raiders. Montarrio Haddock added 15 points, Calvin O’Neil and Demetrius Green had 14 apiece and Desmond Yates scored 11.
Courtney Wallace had 15 points, Ryan McCoy 14 and Travis Bureau 11 for the Ragin’ Cajuns.
- It's a shame we've seen the last of Derrick Roland at Texas A&M
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin