Eastern Illinois beats Tennessee Tech 75-58
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Romain Martin had a game-high 24 points and 11 rebounds to lead Eastern Illinois to a 75-58 win over Tennessee Tech on Thursday night.
Edin Suljic added 14 points for Eastern Illinois (9-11, 6-4 Ohio Valley), which never trailed after pulling ahead 2-1 just under two minutes into the game.
Eastern Illinois held Tennessee Tech (10-10, 4-6) leading scorer Daniel Northern, who averaged 11.7 points, to six free throws and 0-for-4 shooting from the field.
Tennessee Tech shot 31 percent, and the Panthers outrebounded the Golden Eagles 44-39. Eastern Illinois led 33-20 at halftime.
Kevin Murphy led Tennessee Tech with 11 points.
The Golden Eagles beat Eastern Illinois 67-60 the last time the teams played in Tennessee on Jan. 5. The Panthers have won four straight games at home.
- Fredette gets 'Jimmered' by BYU quarterback Jake Heaps
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst