Evansville rallies past Drake 65-62
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP)—Kaylon Williams drained a 3-pointer as time ran out Thursday, capping a 10-point Evansville run and lifting the Purple Aces to a 65-62 win over Drake in a game delayed by a day due to weather.
The Aces (13-7, 5-5 Missouri Valley Conference) fell behind 62-55 on a pair of free throws by Drake’s Craig Stanley with 3:15 remaining. But the Bulldogs (14-8, 5-5) didn’t score again. They missed a chance down the stretch when Stanley turned the ball over with four seconds left and the game tied 62-all.
Williams then made his second field goal of the game as time ran out. He finished with nine points.
Nate Garner had 20 points and six offensive rebounds for the Aces. Shy Ely added 18 points and James Haarsma 10.
Josh Young paced Drake with 16 points, Jonathan Cox chipped in 14 points and nine rebounds and Stanley finished with 12 points.
- Wyoming holds on to beat Colorado State 83-74
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner