Wofford holds off Appalachian St. 74-68
BOONE, N.C. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 23 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Wofford held off Appalachian State 74-68 on Thursday night for the Mountaineers’ sixth straight loss.
With the Terriers (9-9, 5-4, Southern Conference) leading 52-36 with 14:18 left, the Mountaineers used a 26-9 run to pull ahead 62-61 with 5:26 on the clock.
Wofford regained the lead on the next basket and built a six-point advantage. Appalachian State (7-11, 4-6) hit two of its nine 3-pointers for 70-68 with 31 seconds left, but the Terriers sealed the win with free throws.
Junior Salters added 21 points for Wofford and Tim Johnson had 10 points and eight rebounds as the Terriers hit 50 percent from the floor (27 of 54).
Donald Sims led Appalachian State with 19 points while Donterious Hughes had 13 and Tyler Webb scored 11.
The Mountaineers outrebounded the Terriers 38-33.
- Wofford holds off Appalachian St. 74-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four