Towson beat William & Mary 69-56
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP)—Troy Franklin scored 18 points and six assists to help Towson beat William & Mary 69-56 on Wednesday night.
Jarrell Smith added 13 points for the Tigers (8-14, 3-7 Colonial Athletic Association), who never trailed in the second half.
A dunk by Robert Nwankwo off a Brian Morris pass gave Towson a 50-43 lead with 12:28 remaining. Brian Morris scored on a layup more than three minutes later, putting the Tigers ahead 56-46.
The Tribe (6-14, 1-9) cut the lead to 61-55 with 1:38 remaining on Matt McFadden’s free throw. But Towson outscored William & Mary 10-1 down the stretch to pull away for the win.
Danny Summer led the Tribe with 19 points and Quinn McDowell added 16 points. Sean McCurdy also had seven turnovers for William & Mary, which finished with 22.
- A preliminary look at Maryland’s new state flag basketball jerseys
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case