Vermont comes from behind to beat Maine 75-65
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Marqus Blakely scored 23 points and grabbed 20 rebounds as Vermont came from behind to defeat Maine 75-65 on Wednesday night.
Vermont (15-6, 6-2 America East) won its sixth straight game after trailing by eight points early in the second half. The Catamounts tied it 52-52 with 9:20 left in the game, and used a 12-2 run over five minutes to pull ahead 68-58 with 2:13 left.
Colin McIntosh scored 13 points for Vermont and Evan Fjeld added 12. Mike Trimboli had four assists to become the school?s all-time leader with 568.
Mark Socoby scored 20 points for Maine (8-13, 3-5). Kiamondre Owes added 15 and Junior Bernal had 10 for the Black Bears.
- Breakfast Buffet: Duke, Kansas State set up dream matchup
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case