Texas-San Antonio defeats Texas State 86-76
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Travis Gabbidon had a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds to lead Texas-San Antonio past Texas State 86-76 Wednesday night.
Josh Bonney had 17 points, Omar Johnson and Chris Allen each scored 12, while Joey Shank and Morris Smith IV both contributed 10 for Texas-San Antonio (12-6, 3-2 Southland). Smith, Bonney and Richie Frohlich each had eight rebounds.
Brandon Bush scored 25 points to lead Texas State (8-11, 1-5). John Bowman had 11 points and Ty Gough scored nine points.
Texas-San Antonio scored six unanswered points to open the game and led 47-35 at the half.
- East Carolina dominates NC Wesleyan 91-60
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout