Hofstra 80, N.C.-Wilmington 78
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Arminas Urbutis hit a jumper as time expired to lift Hofstra to an 80-78 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Wednesday night.
The Pride (14-7, 6-4 Colonial Athletic Association) was led by Charles Jenkins’ 33 points and three blocks. Nathaniel Lester had 18 points.
Chad Tomko, who finished with 17 points, made two free throws to put the Seahawks ahead 78-75 with 1:13 left in the second half. Tony Dennison answered with a jumper and Jenkins added a free throw to tie the score 78-78 with 34 seconds left.
After Dennison stole the ball from Tomko, the Hofstra guard missed on a jumper. But Urbutis, who finished with four points, got the rebound and scored the winning basket.
Tomko led UNC-Wilmington (5-17, 2-8) with 19 points. Dominique Lacy scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Montez Downey added 17 points.
- Hofstra 80, N.C.-Wilmington 78
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown