American edges Navy 68-67
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP)—Garrison Carr scored 28 points and hit the game-winning basket as American edged Navy 68-67 on Wednesday night.
Carr hit a 3-pointer with 31 seconds left to put the Eagles (12-7, 4-1 Patriot League) ahead after they had blown a 12-point lead.
The Midshipmen (14-7, 3-3) lost for the first time at home this season after starting 9-0 on their home court.
The Eagles have won seven of their last nine games and seven of 13 on the road.
Trailing 57-45 with 10:35 left, Navy went on a 16-2 run to take the lead 61-59 on a layup by Clif Colbert with 4:40 to play.
Navy led 67-65 with 50 seconds left, but Adam Teague missed a 3-pointer and Carr scored at the other end. Chris Harris missed with 12 seconds left and Kaleo Kina missed five seconds later. Carr rebounded and was fouled, but missed the free throw.
Kina led Navy with 26 points.
- American edges Navy 68-67
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina