Old Dominion beats James Madison 80-74
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—Gerald Lee scored 23 points and Ben Finney added 19 as Old Dominion pulled away in the second half for an 80-74 win over James Madison on Wednesday night.
Old Dominion (12-8, 5-5 Colonial Athletic Association) trailed 33-32 at the half, but used a 12-2 run early in the second half to go up 49-40 with 12:41 remaining. The Dukes used a quick burst to cut it to 53-50, but could get no closer.
James Madison (13-9, 5-5) lost for the third time in its last four games. The Dukes won the teams’ first meeting of the season, 70-62, at Old Dominion on Jan. 7.
Keyon Carter added 13 points for the Monarchs, while Frank Hassell had 10 points and eight boards.
Andrey Semenov led James Madison with 16 points—13 in the first half. Kyle Swanston added 14 points, while Dazzmond Thornton and Ben Louis each tallied 11.
- Old Dominion beats James Madison 80-74
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four