Gardner-Webb beats Coastal Carolina 79-74
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Nate Blank scored 18 points, leading five Gardner-Webb players in double figures in a 79-74 win over Coastal Carolina on Wednesday night.
Auryn MacMillan added 15, while Jonathan Moore and Aaron Linn scored 14 apiece for the Runnin’ Bulldogs (10-10, 6-4 Big South Conference). Blank was also 4-for-6 from beyond the arc and Linn dished out six assists.
Steven Sexton led the Chanticleers (9-12, 3-6) with 25 points and Joseph Harris notched a double-double, scoring 18 and grabbing 15 rebounds. Anthony Breeze added 14 points.
Coastal Carolina led by three points at the break, but Gardner-Webb outscored the Chanticleers 46-38 in the second half to seal the victory.
The Runnin’ Bulldogs won the rebounding battle 39-34, and scored 19 second-chance points to Coastal Carolina’s eight. Gardner-Webb also scored 17 points off 13 Chanticleers’ turnovers.
- Gardner-Webb beats Coastal Carolina 79-74
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four