Bradley beats Wichita State 65-50
PEORIA, Ill. (AP)—Dodie Dunson scored 18 points to lead Bradley to a 65-50 win over Wichita State on Wednesday night.
Theron Wilson added 11 points for Bradley (13-8, 7-3 Missouri Valley), which led 30-25 at halftime.
Wichita State (9-12, 3-7) went on a run to tie the game at 34 in the second half, but never led after the break. A 13-2 Bradley run put the game out of reach.
Bradley outmuscled Wichita State, getting 18 second-chance points compared to 7 points for the Shockers and outrebounding 32-30. The Braves’ defense held the Shockers to 35 percent shooting.
Wichita State jumped out to a 12-5 lead to start the game, but faded as Bradley held the Shockers to 28 percent shooting in the first half.
J.T. Durley led Wichita State with 12 points. Clevin Hannah added 10 points.
- Bradley beats Wichita State 65-50
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise