Bradley beats Wichita State 65-50
PEORIA, Ill. (AP)—Dodie Dunson scored 18 points to lead Bradley to a 65-50 win over Wichita State on Wednesday night.
Theron Wilson added 11 points for Bradley (13-8, 7-3 Missouri Valley), which led 30-25 at halftime.
Wichita State (9-12, 3-7) went on a run to tie the game at 34 in the second half, but never led after the break. A 13-2 Bradley run put the game out of reach.
Bradley outmuscled Wichita State, getting 18 second-chance points compared to 7 points for the Shockers and outrebounding 32-30. The Braves’ defense held the Shockers to 35 percent shooting.
Wichita State jumped out to a 12-5 lead to start the game, but faded as Bradley held the Shockers to 28 percent shooting in the first half.
J.T. Durley led Wichita State with 12 points. Clevin Hannah added 10 points.
- Act of sportsmanship highlights player’s return from a stroke
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs