Bowling Green beats Ball St. 62-58 at home
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Otis Polk had 13 points on 5-of-5 shooting, and Bowling Green held on late as the Falcons beat Ball State 62-58 Wednesday night.
Ball State (9-9, 4-2 Mid-American Conference) threatened late in the game, using a 9-2 run to pull within 1 point with 3:41 left to play. But Nate Miller scored on a three-point play and the Falcons went up 57-53 with 2:33 on the clock, and the Cardinals were unable to pull off the comeback.
Bowling Green (10-9, 3-3) had the lead through the entire game, their largest 26-15 with 3:54 left in the first half. Ball State scored on six of its next seven shots to cut the lead to 32-28 at the break.
Ball Sate was led by Jarrod Jones’ 15 points, and Brandon Lampley added 12 for the Cardinals.
Bowling Green made 17 of 26 free throws, while Ball State went 6-of-9 from the foul line. The Falcons shot 50 percent from the field, and Ball State shot 49.2 percent.
- Bowling Green beats Ball St. 62-58 at home
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown