Lipscomb beats Kennesaw St. 90-78
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic scored 20 points, leading five Lipscomb players in double figures in a 90-78 win over Kennesaw State on Monday night.
Josh Slater added 16 points and Brandon Brown, Michael Lusk and Michael Teller each added 12 points for the Bisons (8-11, 4-6 Atlantic Sun Conference).
The Owls (6-12, 2-7) had four players in double-figure scoring, led by Kelvin McConnell with 18 points. Kurtis Woods added 16, Jonathan Whipple had 11 and Jon-Michael Nickerson chipped in with 10.
The Bisons shot 58.8 percent from the field (30 of 51), compared to a 48.3 percent mark (29 of 60) for the Owls.
Despite a high-scoring second half that saw both teams pour in 45, it was Lipscomb’s 12-point halftime lead that made the difference.
- Breakfast Buffet: Memphis ascends to top of Conference USA
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?