MVSU beats Texas Southern 81-68
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Dwayne Harmason scored 19 points to lead Mississippi Valley State to an 81-68 win over Texas Southern on Monday night.
Harmason added seven rebounds and six assists for the Delta Devils (3-17, 3-4 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Eric Petty contributed 13 points and 10 rebounds.
The Tigers (1-19, 1-6) were paced by DeAndre Hall, who scored 22 points. Sollie Norwood added 18 points in the losing effort.
The Delta Devils shot 46.8 percent from the field (22-for-47), while Texas Southern shot 50 percent (24-for-48).
After beating Prairie View A&M on Jan. 24, Monday’s win provided MVSU with their first back-to-back wins all season.
Texas Southern is on a five-game losing streak. The Tigers’ lone win of the season came on Jan. 5 against Alcorn State.
The Delta Devils outrebounded the Tigers 35-28.
Texas Southern led 32-30 at halftime.
- NCAA underachiever, NBA success story: No. 5 Ben Wallace
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64