Alcorn St. beats Alabama St. 79-74
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Troy Jackson scored 25 points, leading four Alcorn State players in double figures in a 79-74 win over Alabama State on Monday night.
JaMarkus Holt added 11 points, while Jarvis Williams and Brandon Rogers scored 10 apiece for the Braves (4-17, 2-6 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Williams also went 2-for-3 from beyond the arc and led the Braves with eight rebounds.
Chief Kickingstallionsims led the Hornets (9-8, 6-1) with 24 points, while Andrew Hayles and Wesley Jones scored 12 apiece. Hayles also grabbed 10 rebounds.
The loss snapped a seven-game winning streak for the Hornets.
Alabama State led by two points at halftime, but Alcorn State outscored the Hornets 43-36 in the second half to clinch the win.
- Alcorn St. beats Alabama St. 79-74
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself