Lipscomb beats Mercer 84-68
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Josh Slater scored 21 points, grabbed nine rebounds and blocks two shots to lead Lipscomb in an 84-68 win over Mercer on Saturday.
Adnan Hodzic added 13 points, Thomas Pfaff had 10 and Michael Teller pulled down 10 rebounds for the Bisons (7-11, 3-6 Atlantic Sun Conference).
James Florence led the Bears (10-9, 4-4) with 25 points and E.J. Kusnyer added 15.
Lipscomb led by four points at halftime after a close first half, but pulled away from the Bears by outscoring them 48-36 in the second half.
The Bisons were 26 of 36 on free throws, while the Bears hit just 8 of 15 from the line.
Lipscomb dominated on the boards, outrebounding Mercer 51-24 en route to victory.
- Lipscomb beats Mercer 84-68
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown