N.J. Tech 51, Longwood 63
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Antwan Carter scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds off the bench to lead Longwood to a 63-51 win over New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday.
Ryan Bogan scored 13 points for the Lancers (10-10), who shot 33.8 percent from the field (24 of 71) but forced 26 turnovers. Led by Carter, the Longwood reserves outscored NJIT’s bench 26-0.
The Lancers shot 13 percent from the 3-point line (3 of 23).
Jheryl Wilson scored 20 points, six rebounds and seven turnovers for NJIT (1-19), which ended the longest losing streak in Division I at 51 games on Wednesday. Isaiah Wilkerson, who also had seven turnovers, scored 15 points.
- N.J. Tech 51, Longwood 63
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss