S.C.-Upstate beats Campbell 73-65
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Josh Chavis scored 17 points and Nick Schneiders had a double-double to help South Carolina-Upstate beat Campbell 73-65 on Saturday.
Schneiders had 11 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Spartans (4-14, 3-6 Atlantic Sun Conference). De’Marion Gordon scored 13 points off the bench and Bobby Davis added 12.
South Carolina-Upstate held a 44-27 lead at halftime. The Camels (7-12, 4-6) trimmed the margin to 61-55 with 9:06 left in the second half on a 3-pointer by Jonathan Rodriguez, who led Campbell with 19 points—15 in the second half— and 11 rebounds.
The Camels went scoreless over the next five minutes, while South Carolina-Upstate scored only two points.
Rodriguez’s layup cut the Spartans’ back down to six points with 4:05 left. But Carter Cook followed with a 3-pointer to give the Spartans enough cushion with 66-57 lead.
- S.C.-Upstate beats Campbell 73-65
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0