NC A&T beats Winston-Salem 73-60
WINSTON SALEM, N.C. (AP)—Tavarus Alston scored 15 points to lead North Carolina A&T to a 73-60 win over Winston-Salem on Saturday.
The Aggies (8-11) shot 50 percent from the field (30-for-60), and had five players score in double figures. Robert Johnson scored 12, Ed Jones and Nicholas Wilson scored 11 each, and Thomas Coleman scored 10.
After taking a 39-34 lead into halftime, the Aggies went on a 10-0 run to open the second half. Winston-Salem did not score until Jamal Durham made a layup with 15:14 left.
The Rams (4-13) managed to cut the Aggies’ lead to 67-60 with 3:19 remaining, but failed to score again for the remainder of the game.
Durham scored 21 points to lead the Rams, who have now lost five straight games. Diontae Gibson added 15 points.
Winston-Salem shot 36.4 percent from the field (24-for-66), and only 35 percent from the free-throw line (7-for-20).
- NC A&T beats Winston-Salem 73-60
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game