Wyoming holds on to beat Colorado State 83-74
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Afam Muojeke scored 25 points as Wyoming held on to beat Colorado State 83-74 on Saturday.
The Cowboys (2-3 Mountain West Conference, 13-6) led by as much as 16 points in the second half before seeing Colorado State cut the lead to two late in the game.
Jesse Carr led the Rams (2-4, 7-13) with 21 points, while Travis Franklin scored 17 and Andy Ogide with 13.
The Rams battled back and cut the Wyoming lead to 58-56 on a 16-7 run with 8:22 to play. They made it 69-67 with 3:50 remaining.
But Wyoming never gave up the lead and used a 7-0 run for some breathing room. The Cowboys hit 6-of-9 from the free-throw line in the final 1:18.
Tyson Johnson scored 19 for Wyoming, which led 45-31 at halftime. Brandon Ewing finished with 18 points and Sean Ogirri scored 11.
- Wyoming holds on to beat Colorado State 83-74
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss