New Mexico downs TCU 69-52
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Roman Martinez had 13 points and 11 rebounds, and Tony Danridge added 11 points as New Mexico beat TCU 69-52 Saturday night.
New Mexico (12-8, 3-2 Mountain West) never trailed and led by as much as 21 in the second half. The Lobos were 24-of-42 from the floor (57 percent) and hit 7-of-9 3-pointers.
Chad Toppert scored 11 and Daniel Faris had 10 for New Mexico.
TCU (13-7, 4-2) suffered its most lopsided loss of the season and saw its nine-game home winning streak come to an end.
Kevin Langford, who had a career-high 36 Wednesday night, scored 21 points and Zvonko Buljan chipped in with 10 for the Horned Frogs, who have won six of eight.
The Lobos led 30-21 at halftime and scored the first seven points of the second half to stretch their advantage by 16. The Horned Frogs got no closer than 12 the rest of the way.
- New Mexico downs TCU 69-52
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?