Gooden, St Francis, NY, edge St Francis, Pa, 58-57
NEW YORK (AP)—John Gooden converted a three-point play with 2.1 seconds remaining to lift St. Francis, N.Y., to a 58-57 victory over St. Francis, Pa., on Saturday.
Ricky Cadell led the Terriers (6-13, 4-5 Northeast Conference) with 17 points and Jamaal Womack added 13. Gooden finished with six points and 11 rebounds.
Mislav Jukic scored 20 points for the Red Flash (4-15, 1-8) and Devin Sweetney had 10.
The Terriers led 40-30 after Gooden hit a 3-pointer with 15:23 remaining, but the Red Flash went on a 16-2 run to go up 46-42 with 11:01 to go.
The teams swapped leads the rest of the way with Cale Nelson giving the Red Flash their last advantage, 57-55, on a pair of free throws with 12 seconds left.
- South Carolina tops Presbyterian 75-56
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims