Montana St. 60, Southern Miss. 68
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Craig Craft scored 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Southern Miss to a 68-60 win over Montana State on Saturday night.
Courtney Beasley added 18 points and R.L. Horton had 13 for the Golden Eagles (12-6), who hit 14 of 21 free throws en route to victory.
The Bobcats (9-9) were just 3 of 10 from the line.
Will Bynum led the Bobcats with 15 points, while Bobby Howard and Divaldo Mbunga scored 12 apiece.
Montana State led by one point at the break, but Southern Miss opened up the second on an 18-7 run and never looked back. Horton scored nine points in the the game’s final five minutes to seal the Golden eagles’ win.
The Golden Eagles have won eight of their last 10 games, while the Bobcats have dropped three in a row.
- Montana St. 60, Southern Miss. 68
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0