Mitchell scores 14 in 78-74 Bearkat win over UTA
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Ashton Mitchell made seven free throws late and scored 14 points to lead Sam Houston State to a 78-74 victory over Texas-Arlington Saturday night.
Drae Murray scored 14 points for the Bearkats (9-8, 3-1 Southland), Corey Allmond added 12 and Barkley Falkner scored 10 points to go along with 13 rebounds.
The game was tied eight times and the lead changed nine. Marquez Haynes led the Mavericks (10-8, 3-2) with 26 points, Anthony Vereen scored 20 and Roge’r Guignard added 14.
Sam Houston State outscored the Mavericks 32-20 in bench points, but lost the points in the paint battle, 32-10.
- Mitchell scores 14 in 78-74 Bearkat win over UTA
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls
- Former Baylor AD and basketball coach Menefee dies at 95
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74