Sac State beats Idaho State, 72-69
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Junior Justin Eller’s 12 points and 12 rebounds helped Sacramento State end a 14-game losing streak with a 72-69 win over Idaho State on Saturday night.
Senior Loren Leath led the Hornets with 22 points and Randy Adams added 15 for the Sacramento State Hornets (2-19, 1-7 Big Sky), who gave first-year coach Brian Katz his first conference victory.
Amorrow Morgan had 19 points and Donnie Carson scored 14 points for the Idaho State Bengals (7-14, 4-3 Big Sky), who ended a three-game winning streak.
Junior Jonathan Malloy hit a 3-pointer with 1.6 seconds left in the first half to give the Hornets a 42-27 lead. The game was tied 13-13 at the 12:09 mark before the Hornets ended the first half, outscoring the Bengals 29-14.
The Hornets built an 18-point lead early in the second half, but the Bengals fought back, cutting the margin to 68-65 on a basket by Carson with 22 seconds to play.
Two free throws each by Leath and Antonio Flaggs with 30 seconds left in the game sealed the win for the Hornets.
- Sac State beats Idaho State, 72-69
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0