Sac State beats Idaho State, 72-69
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Junior Justin Eller’s 12 points and 12 rebounds helped Sacramento State end a 14-game losing streak with a 72-69 win over Idaho State on Saturday night.
Senior Loren Leath led the Hornets with 22 points and Randy Adams added 15 for the Sacramento State Hornets (2-19, 1-7 Big Sky), who gave first-year coach Brian Katz his first conference victory.
Amorrow Morgan had 19 points and Donnie Carson scored 14 points for the Idaho State Bengals (7-14, 4-3 Big Sky), who ended a three-game winning streak.
Junior Jonathan Malloy hit a 3-pointer with 1.6 seconds left in the first half to give the Hornets a 42-27 lead. The game was tied 13-13 at the 12:09 mark before the Hornets ended the first half, outscoring the Bengals 29-14.
The Hornets built an 18-point lead early in the second half, but the Bengals fought back, cutting the margin to 68-65 on a basket by Carson with 22 seconds to play.
Two free throws each by Leath and Antonio Flaggs with 30 seconds left in the game sealed the win for the Hornets.
- From the Archives: The best Larry Bird cover ever
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims