Northeastern shuts down Old Dominion 58-42
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Matt Janning scored 24 points as Northeastern continued its best conference start in 22 years with a 58-42 victory over Old Dominion on Saturday night.
The Huskies (13-6, 8-1 Colonial Athletic Association) outscored the Monarchs (11-8, 4-5) 37-18 in the second half to win for the 10th time in 12 games.
Old Dominion, which led 22-7 with 6:37 remaining in the first half, scored only 20 points the rest of the game. The Monarchs were 6 of 25 from the field (24 percent) in the second half and shot 29.1 percent (16 of 55) for the game.
Northeastern took a 36-34 lead on Nkem Ojougboh’s dunk with 12:59 left in the game and built its lead to 43-34 on Janning’s free throw with 9:35 remaining.
Janning was the only Northeastern player in double figures.
Keyon Carter and Darius James led Old Dominion with eight points each.
- Northeastern shuts down Old Dominion 58-42
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four