Oakland rolls over Western Illinois, 86-46
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP)—Keith Benson scored a career-high 24 points to power Oakland to an 86-46 win over Western Illinois on Saturday night.
Benson, a 6-foot-11 sophomore, went 9-for-12 from the field and snared 12 rebounds. His previous career high was a 23-point effort on Dec. 20 against Michigan.
Erik Kangas led the Golden Grizzlies (13-9, 6-3 Summit League) with 27 points.
David DuBois and David Nurse each scored 12 points for Western Illinois (6-14, 2-7).
Oakland hit its first six shots for an early 14-3 lead, then used a Benson dunk and a Drew Maynard 3-pointer to build a 19-point edge with 4:45 left in the first half. Kangas tossed in a layup high off the glass to give Oakland a 43-20 halftime lead.
- Oakland rolls over Western Illinois, 86-46
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?