New Orleans beats Middle Tennessee State 69-65
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—T.J. Worley hit three free throws down the stretch to help New Orleans defeat Middle Tennessee State 69-65 on Saturday night.
Worley and Kyndall Dykes each scored 19 points to lead the Privateers (9-11, 4-5 Sun Belt Conference). Justin Archie added 11 points, six rebounds and four assists.
After trailing 66-60 with less than a minute remaining in the game, Middle Tennessee’s Nigel Johnson made a 3-pointer with 16 seconds left. Dykes then committed a turnover, and Desmond Yates’ layup with 10 seconds left made the score 66-65.
But Middle Tennessee wouldn’t score again, and Worley made 3 of 4 free-throw attempts with the game on the line to preserve the victory.
The Blue Raiders (12-8, 6-3) were paced by Yates, who finished with 22 points and five rebounds. Demetrius Green chipped in with 11 points.
- New Orleans beats Middle Tennessee State 69-65
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown