Samford defeats UNC-Greensboro 76-61
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Bryan Friday scored 20 points and Josh Bedwell added 19 in Samford’s 1000th game as a Division I program, a 76-61 victory over North Carolina-Greensboro on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (10-8, 5-4 Southern Conference), who won their fourth straight game, began competing in Division I during the 1972-73 season and now have a 452-548 record.
Tied at 17, Samford went on an 11-2 run and never trailed again.
The Bulldogs shot 65.2 percent from the field (15 of 23) in the second half, helping them build a 20-point lead.
Samford was 13-for-26 from 3-point range, extending its streak of making at least one 3-pointer to 519 consecutive games since 1991.
Josh Davis added 13 points for the Bulldogs.
Ben Stywall had 19 points and a season-high 14 rebounds for UNC-Greensboro (3-14, 2-6). He recorded his league-leading seventh double-double this season.
- Syracuse fan makes unusual custody request in divorce settlement
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78