Presbyterian 58, N.C.-Asheville 68
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—John Williams and Reid Augst each scored 15 points to help UNC Asheville beat Presbyterian 68-58 on Saturday night.
Williams added eight rebounds and five blocks for the Bulldogs (9-11, 5-4 Big South Conference). UNC Asheville shot 42.6 from the field (23-for-54), and 89.5 percent from the free-throw line (17-for-19).
Bryan Bostic’s free-throw with 5:03 remaining in the second half tied the score at 54-54. But Williams scored six straight points en route to a 14-4 run to seal the game for the Bulldogs.
Presbyterian (8-12, 5-4) was led by Travis Sligh, who scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds. Bostic had 15 points and Al’Lonzo Coleman added 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Presbyterian 58, N.C.-Asheville 68
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2