Morgan State defeats Howard 78-56
BALTIMORE (AP)—Reggie Holmes scored 22 points and Morgan State went on a 16-0 run early in the second half to put away Howard 78-56 on Saturday.
Rogers Barnes added 13 points for the Bears (10-9, 5-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won five of their past six games and own a winning record for the first time this season.
Jermaine Bolden scored 11 points and Kevin Thompson and Marquise Kately each had 10 for Morgan State.
Eugene Myatt scored 15 points, Kyle Riley added 13 and Kandi Mukole had 10 for the Bison (3-15, 1-4), who have lost five consecutive games to the Bears.
Howard trailed 30-23 at the break, but after Mukole made the opening basket of the second half, Morgan State scored the next 16. Barnes had seven points during that surge.
The Bears extended their lead to 27 on a layup by Rico Myles with 12:28 left.
- Morgan State defeats Howard 78-56
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot