Central Arkansas beats McNeese State 58-54
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—Brooks Taylor scored 18 points and Central Arkansas beat McNeese State 58-54 on Saturday.
The Bears (9-9, 2-3 Southland Conference), who had lost three of their previous four contests, also received 16 points from Marcus Pillow and 10 points from Mitch Rueter. Brian Marks chipped in with 13 rebounds.
Central Arkansas shot only 35.3 percent from the field (18-for-51), but shot 69.2 percent from beyond the 3-point arc (9-for-13).
The Cowboys (7-10, 1-3) outrebounded the Bears 49-34, but committed 15 turnovers. They also shot 29.4 percent from the field (15-for-51).
Stephan Martin led McNeese State with 15 points on 5 of 9 shooting. Kleon Penn contributed 10 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks.
- Central Arkansas beats McNeese State 58-54
- Former Michigan State star Appling arrested in Detroit
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team