Radford beats Liberty 94-82 in double OT
LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP)—Artsiom Parakhouski scored 22 points and Radford prevailed in a 94-82 double-overtime game against Liberty on Saturday night.
Liberty went ahead 69-66 on a Seth Curry jumper with 2:29 left in regulation. But the Flames could muster just one free throw the rest of the way, and Parakhouski’s tip-in with 15 second left sent the game into overtime with the teams tied at 70.
Curry and Kyle Ohman scored four points apiece in the first overtime for Liberty (14-7, 5-4 Big South Conference), who never trailed in the first OT. But Kenny Thomas hit a free throw with 12 seconds left to pull Radford (10-10, 7-2) even at 78-all, sending the game into double overtime.
But Curry, who finished with 30, went cold in the final overtime period. He missed all four of his 3-point attempts, and Parakhouski scored four points in a 16-4 Radford run to seal the win.
- Radford beats Liberty 94-82 in double OT
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook