Hall’s 18 leads Lehigh past Lafayette 60-57
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Marquis Hall scored 18 points and Zahir Carrington hit three of four free throw shots in the final minutes as Lehigh held off a Lafayette rally for a 60-57 victory Saturday.
Hall became the Mountain Hawks’ 28th 1,000-point scorer, while Carrington finished with 13 points and Rob Keefer added 10 for Lehigh (12-7, 2-3 Patriot League).
Jeff Kari scored 19 points to lead Lafayette (6-13, 2-3) while Jared Mintz had 16 and Ryan Willen added 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Lehigh led by as many as 16 points in the first half and held a 32-28 advantage at the break. The Mountain Hawks were ahead 46-34 with 12 minutes left, but Lafayette scored 11 unanswered points, five of them by Kari, to make it a one-point game.
Mintz tied the score at 55 with 2:35 remaining, but Carrington went 3-for-4 from the line over a 34-second span to give Lehigh at 58-55 lead with 1:03 on the clock.
- Hall's 18 leads Lehigh past Lafayette 60-57
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot