Kool, Gary lead Western Michigan to MAC win
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Western Michigan got 16 points apiece from David Kool and Shawntes Gary in a 53-45 victory over Eastern Michigan on Saturday.
The Broncos (4-1, 7-11 Mid-American) have won four of their past five games and have beaten the Eagles in 15 of their past 17 meetings.
Brandon Bowdry and Antonio Green had 12 and 9 points, respectively, for Eastern (1-4, 3-16), which has lost 10 of its past 11 games.
Western Michigan broke open a close game with a 9-0 run midway through the second half to go in front by 14 points. The Eagles could get no closer than four points down the stretch.
Eastern Michigan associate head coach Derrick McDowell filled in for head coach Charles Ramsey, who missed the game with what school officials called a “benign case of vertigo.”
- Kool, Gary lead Western Michigan to MAC win
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina