Drexel tops William & Mary 62-49
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Jamie Harris scored 16 points and Drexel extended its winning streak to five games with a 62-49 victory over William & Mary on Saturday.
Leon Spencer scored 12 points and Scott Rodgers 10 for the Dragons (10-8, 6-3 Colonial Athletic Association).
David Schneider scored a game-high 17 points for William & Mary (6-13, 1-8), which lost its fifth straight. Quinn McDowell added 10 points in the loss.
William & Mary opened an early 11-5 as Drexel missed five of its first six shots.
Drexel rallied and took the lead for good when Harris hit a 3-pointer with 4:12 remaining in the first half. Gerald Colds hit a 3-pointer with 1:32 left in the first half that capped a 13-1 run and gave the Dragons a 33-22 lead.
Schneider hit a jumper that punctuated a 10-2 run as the Tribe closed within 35-32 with 17:42 left in the second half. But Rodgers and Tramayne Hawthorne hit 3-pointers to push Drexel’s lead to nine points and the Dragons closed out the win by scoring 11 of the game’s last 15 points.
- UK faithful camping out in droves for Big Blue Madness tickets
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team