Blount scores 20 as Loyola downs Detroit 72-66
DETROIT (AP)—J.R. Blount scored 20 points Saturday and Walt Gibler added five of his 13 points during a late rally to help Loyola of Chicago top Detroit 72-66.
The host Titans’ Eulis Stephens scored with less than six minutes to play to tie the game at 58, but the Ramblers (12-9, 4-5 Horizon League) put the game away during a four-minute, 7-0 run. Gibler, who finished with eight rebounds, ended the decisive streak by converting a three-point play.
Darrin Williams also had 13 points for Loyola, which scored 20 points off 13 Titans turnovers.
Woody Payne scored 20 points and Thomas Kennedy added 15 for Detroit (4-14, 0-9), which lost its seventh straight.
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 8, J.R. Reid
- Texas basketball coach Smart gets raise, contract extension
- Alabama signs Southern Illinois grad transfer Olaniyan
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- NCAA Riches to NBA Rags: No. 7, Billy Owens
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team