Blount scores 20 as Loyola downs Detroit 72-66
DETROIT (AP)—J.R. Blount scored 20 points Saturday and Walt Gibler added five of his 13 points during a late rally to help Loyola of Chicago top Detroit 72-66.
The host Titans’ Eulis Stephens scored with less than six minutes to play to tie the game at 58, but the Ramblers (12-9, 4-5 Horizon League) put the game away during a four-minute, 7-0 run. Gibler, who finished with eight rebounds, ended the decisive streak by converting a three-point play.
Darrin Williams also had 13 points for Loyola, which scored 20 points off 13 Titans turnovers.
Woody Payne scored 20 points and Thomas Kennedy added 15 for Detroit (4-14, 0-9), which lost its seventh straight.
- Blount scores 20 as Loyola downs Detroit 72-66
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four