Citadel beats College of Charleston 72-63
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Demetrius Nelson scored 17 points to lead Citadel to a 72-63 victory over College of Charleston on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (10-10, 5-4 Southern Conference) shot 46.4 percent from the field (26-for-56), including 53.3 percent from 3-point range (8-for-15). Cameron Wells added 15 points, and Cosmo Morabbi chipped in with 10.
Citadel went on a 12-2 run to end the first half, and went into halftime with a 36-21 lead. The Bulldogs shot 51.7 percent in the first half (15-for-29), while the Cougars shot only 26.9 percent (7-for-26).
Tony White Jr. scored five straight points during a 9-3 run for the Cougars, cutting their deficit to 66-57 with less than four minutes left but would not pull closer.
College of Charleston (15-4, 7-2) was led by Jermaine Johnson, who scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. Andrew Goudelock added 14 points.
- Finally, an answer to 'Whatever happened to Kevin Pittsnogle?'
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality